Today is my last day in work before I get 11 days off. There’s lovely, eh? Especially as I’ve actually only had to take 2 leave days to get it. Good ol’ Royal Weddings.
My plans, should you wish to know, are to:
· Watch some rugby
· Fell some trees
· Play football in the park
· Do some running – I have a 5 mile race coming up on the Bank Holiday for which I am woefully underprepared.
· Drink beer – I gave it up (under duress) for ‘lent’. I also gave up cheese with my wife, which was far more difficult for her as she is a vegetarian (albeit one that eats fish). I’ve missed pizza.
· Meet up with friends
· Do some ‘sorting out of stuff’ that I’ve been putting off for ages – boring paperwork, etc.
· Wait, as patiently as possible, for the BT man to finally fix our broadband. We’ve had internet access in our new house for 1 night out of the last 4 months.
So there we have it. Not thrilling, but hopefully relaxing. How about you?
I think it’s about time for some catch-up, don’t you?
Since last time you heard from me (contemplating the crapness of the world) I haven’t done much, but I shall tell you anyway!
I have (with a little help from my Father and my Father in law) built my wife a vegetable patch:
I’m very proud of it. I believe the plan is to grow some pumpkins, butternut squash and courgettes. It was a really good day, bonding with the Dad, sawing & hammering. I figure that hitting me with a sledgehammer was his own subtle way of bonding with me too. I still have a bruise. But then, I do bruise like a peach.
I also got a bit miserable. I’m not exactly sure why. A combination of internal and external factors just getting a bit much, I think. So to get out of the slump, I stopped being miserable and am now awesome instead.
I also bought a camera. A Canon Eos 500D digital SLR, to be precise. It’s cracking. I can’t, however, show you any photos that I’ve taken with it just yet as the internet in our house is still not working, which is annoying. But, safe to say, any photos I would normally take on my phone look roughly 342 times better taken on my new camera! I shall upload soon (hopefully)!